Five Things for Tuesday, February 16th
1. It took over an hour to get to work today. It was snowing. but there wasn’t any snow on the road. People were just driving incredibly badly, either WAY too slow or ridiculously recklessly, like the tool douchebag driving the wrong way down a one-way street and looking pissed that he couldn’t get by. I should have just driven into him.
2. I got peed on last night, this time by the middle dog. It’s the third time in a year I’ve gotten peed on, this time by a different dog. Waking up in the middle of the night suddenly wet without a clue as to how or why, surrounded by the scent of herring and sweet potato, is very disconcerting and discombobulating. I rather don’t like waking up from getting peed on.
3. I’m not sure that I believe in the concept of “human rights”. As a society, we can determine that people within that society have certain rights granted to them, but there is no such thing as a universal human right. The only universal human right I can think of is the right to die, but even then, you can be subject to other people meddling. So really, there are no innate human rights of any sort. If we as a society want to claim them for our citizens, fine, but we can’t expect every other society to recognize the same “rights”.
4. I’m not sure what depresses me more, politics or religion. Both subjects turn normally rational and sane human beings into frothing morons who will believe whatever raggedy old shit you tell them.
5. I hope I get a chance to do more novel editing today. I have a farmer family to consume.