Five Things for Tuesday, January 12th
1. Yes, I have been slacking a lot lately with writing. The long holiday break from work has left a deep-seating seed of discontent at having to work, and since I mainly update while I am at the office, my pissy woe-is-me attitude at being here has affected my desire to write. Plus its the beginning of year-end, we’re short handed, and I’m already busy on top of it all. Wah wah wah work is hard.
2. I am terrible at social interaction with people I don’t know. All I can focus on is getting through the interaction as swiftly as humanly possible. Afterwards, I am never sure what was so bad about it that I was trying to hurry it along so much, but when I am in the moment I just want to get away from them as soon as humanly possible. That’s something I should work on.
3. I applied for a job today that I really am incredibly excited about. It fits perfectly with my past job experiences, sounds like something and somewhere I’d have the opportunity for professional growth, and is still local. I already started my exit interview from my current job in my head. I need to relax, since there is a strong chance that I won’t get the job for whatever reason, and I don’t want to get too disappointed if I don’t get it. But it’s nice to know that an opportunity exists in my field that I can feel genuinely excited about.
4. I’ve gotten good reviews of my novel so far, from friends whose opinions are of course biased but that I believe. I NEED to edit the damn thing further, flesh out some other things and the like, but I am honestly beginning to believe that it’s publishable. Wow.
5. It seems like every morning when I wake up there is a small amount of snow on the ground. I always look to see if it’s still snowing, but it never is. I keep wishing that it was snowing, laying another thick blanket of snow on the ground that I’d have to shovel. I had so much fun doing that normally onerous task with my wife that I’d jump at the chance to do it again.