Five Things for Wednesday, January 13th
1. Comment redacted for safety.
2. Jim Haslett, the Redskins’ new defensive coordinator. I feel very meh about this choice. I’d have loved Mike Zimmer of Cincinnati, but I guess Haslett is alright. He has some talent to work with at least. I hope the Skins don’t switch to a 3-4, since they are one of only two teams who have never used a base 3-4 defense (the Bears being the other). Their personnel is based around the 4-3, so switching seems unlikely to me. What I think most about Jim Haslett is his remarkable resemblance to Odo from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I am pretty sure they are the exact same guy.
3. I am soooo tempted to order a Rock Band figurine for myself. My rocker dude is awesome and deserves to be immortalized. In other news, I am a huge nerd.
4. My 2010 corporate goals should read as follows: “Attempt to not strangle anyone or anything during 2010.” That’s what my actual goal is, regardless of what it says on the form.
5. My lame and incorrect predictions for the weekend’s playoff games: Vikings and Cardinals in the NFC, Colts and Chargers in the AFC. I’d rather see the Saints win, but 1999 Kurt Warner is playing for the Cardinals, and God is going to have difficulty choosing between His Favored Sons enough to let Fitty decide matters in favor of Arizona.
Posted on January 13, 2010, in Kerfluffle and tagged Bad Predictions, Corporate BS, Football, Redskins, Whining. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment