Five Things for Friday, Feb 26th
1. Lady Aravan and I bought Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, and Dragon Age yesterday. We were going to buy our own copy of Mass Effect as well, but they were sold out. With the prospect of a coming snowstorm, fond hopes of a day off filling with gooey Xbox action floated around, right up until 9am when it was determined that I had to come into work. Where less than half the staff actually came in. Curses.
2. Coming in to work 2 hours late is nowehere near as cool as leaving 2 hours early.
3. Sleeping in til 8, though, was pretty nice.
4. We are in the middle of our year-end audit, and I decided to try a different tack with the auditors. Usually they begin to irritate me quickly, since I am busy with a jillion other things when they come to ask me about $26 changes in some account. This time, I’ve been over-the-top nice with all of them. I swear, they are bugging me with less questions because of it. Something to remember.
5. People who create videos of themselves getting purposefully hit in the balls and post them on the internet are beyond bizarre to me. I have no idea where people like that come from. I’m glad, though, that with enough damage to their testicles, they won’t be able to reproduce.
Posted on February 26, 2010, in Kerfluffle and tagged Corporate BS, Family, People Are Idiots. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
HA! It is a ghost town around here too. The entire business park is empty except for us… My vehicle is now covered with snow but the lot is melting. If at any point it turns white… well… I am going home to play the Xbox! HA! Love you!
Ha! Well, hopefully it turns white soon, although I will be consumed with jealousy!