Five Things for Tuesday, December 22nd
1. I thought the Redskins would lose 30-3 against the Giants, so I wasn’t shocked by the 45-12 ass-kicking they took. The team is a pathetic mixture of overpriced free agents (DeAngelo Hall, Clinton Portis) and complete cast-off scrubs (Levi Jones, Stephon Heyer, Mike Williams, DeAngelo Hall) with a few actual skilled players left to go through the motions (London Fletcher, Jason Campbell, Andre Carter). It’s a bad season, the worst I can ever remember. One can only hope that this is rock bottom, and that next year we can at least earn our self-respect back.
2. I am totally stoked to begin Christmas vacation in a couple of hours. Several days of good friends, warm cocoa, my baby and our girls home and happy – it’s going to be awesome.
3. I hate people who speed down an exit-only lane on the interstate in an attempt to pull ahead of all the cars waiting to go through the bottleneck, thereby causing the traffic to slow even further. I mean, I HATE them. If I could legally hunt them like deer, I’d have their heads mounted at my basement bar. I was talking about them one day at work, and someone admitted that they did that all the time. My opinion of them actually changed at that moment. I can’t believe anyone would defend that asshole-ish behavior like there was nothing unusual about it. I guess we really do live in the Yay For Me, Fuck You Age.
4. I learned today that Jillian Michaels is a big fan of Lady Gaga. I don’t think I fall in the target demographic for either celebrity, and yet here I am, a fan of them both. Strange world. Usually anything that is popular is something I automatically despise. I probably would if my wife hadn’t introduced me to them, and I’d be missing out.
5. I will be getting back to editing my novel hard-core over vacation. I want to tweak it and finish it, polish it up and send it out into the world to miserably fail on its own merits. Well, I want it to succeed beyond all my wildest dreams, of course, but one is a little more likely to happen than the other.
Posted on December 22, 2009, in Kerfluffle and tagged Family, Football, Happiness, Home Life, RAGE, Redskins, Writing. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
good reflections, glad to meet you.
Thank you, and it’s good to meet you as well!