Five Things for Monday, 10/12
1. The Redskins lost, of course, as I said they would. I’ve been correct every week so far if they would win or lose. Not sure that’s such a great thing. Having your team become a national laughingstock due to the owner’s clueless tactics, the head coach’s clueless coaching, and the players’ inability to get out of their own (as well as errant punts) way is particularly embarrassing and galling. Hail to the Redskins!
2. Just when I need to kick my work effort into an extra gear, I find that I’m too burned out to do it. It’s been a tough year here, and I’ve been overburdened to the point that whatever reward I get at the end of the year may be too little, too late. I just feel fried, and REALLY look forward to a vacation in November. It can’t get here soon enough.
3. I had a lot of fun driving riding to Allentown this weekend to buy knives. There were times when I’d close my eyes as my wife accelerated at 80 miles an hour towards a pack of cars that were braking, but I kept my mouth shut. I know what it’s like to be in control driving and have someone complain and it’s no fun. I usually make a bad passenger, since I have to do it so rarely, but I am trying to be better at it. Saturday was the longest trip as a passenger that I can remember.
4. Fucking Redskins piss me off.
5. I am sore as shit from yesterday’s marathon workout session. I couldn’t even get motivated to do my normal workout at work today – 2 exercises and I just quit. Tired, sore, and in no mood to try to do 195 pushups. Next time.