Five Things for Tuesday, Feb 2nd
1. Man, was yesterday a serious Monday, as in an epic “Case of the Mun-days.” I was dreaded Monday as soon as it got dark on Sunday, as was Lady Aravan, and boy howdy were our premonitions of impending suck correct. The best thing about today is that it isn’t yesterday.
2. Watched the finale of Worst Cooks in America last night, and was very disappointed that Rachel won and not Jenny Cross. In my opinion, it looked like the rad Philly chick with the rockabilly look lost because of the menu choices her mentor chef made, since everything she cooked seemed to be right along with what they palnned, and she even made the best dish of the night while ultra-spaz Rachel made the worst, and yet still won. I felt bad for Jenny, since she of all the contestants actually seemed to really be passionate about what she was doing.
3. I began organizing my desk this morning after the reporting-deadline-frenzy passed. Piles of paper everywhere. Now they can be organized and neatly shoved into a drawer until I can bring myself to file them.
4. The more time that goes by, the more convinced I am that the Saints will win on Sunday. I hope not, but there it is.
5. Zombieland is now available on DVD. I will purchase it even without having seen it, a move I regret. Zombies rule. Not even sure why I love the zombie story so much, the creeping death aspect of it all. I think it is due to the symbolism of the menacing aspect of death that plagues the life of all of us, stalking us slowly and sure to win in the end. That, or the bitchin’ cannibalism. But one of those two.