Five Things for Wednesday, September 23rd
1. I really, deep down in my bones, hate meetings. The more people in them, the more excruciating they are. I was in a meeting from 10:30 to 11:30 this morning, then in one from 2:00 to 2:45 this afternoon. Add in lunch, and I was pretty much unproductive for 4 straight hours. Meetings do nothing but interrupt my workflow and force me to listen to chattering idiots who love nothing more than the sound of their own voices.
2. I really like peanut butter. Jif in particular. Now I want a goddamn Reese’s peanut butter banana sundae of Unholy Awesomeness. Why did I have to say I like peanut butter?
3. My campaign idea has begun to acquire little details as well as over-arching elements. I may actually have to do something with this idea. I think I might use it as the basis for the novel I write in November.
4. Speaking of novels, I NEED to force myself to make time to write the zombie story. It’s tough when I have trouble forcing it into work hours, since I don’t want to cut into the time I have at home with my wife. I’ll have to figure something out with it.
5. Today was the first time I struggled writing my 5 Things. It won’t be the last, but I almost blew it off. I don’t want to do that. #2 was an example of writing the first thing that pops into your head. Yes, I have very deep thoughts.
Posted on September 23, 2009, in Kerfluffle and tagged Corporate BS, Nerdery, Writing. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment