Five Things for Tuesday, September 22nd
1. First day of fall. Hint of crispness in the air. I like these things. However, the absolute dark of 6 a.m. is a downer. Very hard to get psyched and motivated for exercise when the sun isn’t even remotely up. Did it anyway, which I am happy for and proud of, but it’s still a struggle.
2. Happy birthday, Bilbo. And Frodo, of course, even though everyone forgets him, even though he’s the one that had to slog through thousands of miles of hostile terrain all the way to the Crack of Doom to save the entire world. Screw him, apparently. It’s always about the rich uncle.
3. I love my costume for tonight’s birthday party. I hate the fact that I have to wear it in public.
4. I came up with a campaign idea yesterday for a tabletop game that I like. Now I just have to design and write it, find players to play it, pick a night for it, and decide if it’s really worth all the hassle. I’m so choosey about my players, that I struggle with who to invite. Some people I really like and adore as people, and don’t want them within 50 feet of a gaming table. Nerd snobbery FTW!
5. I want 3 million dollars. That’s all. Not 150 million. OK, that’s a lie. I’ll settle for 1 million. Make it happen, Dagon or Baal or whoever. Let me know which one of you did it, and I’ll build you a for-real temple. What more could you ask for?
Posted on September 22, 2009, in Kerfluffle and tagged Gaming, Nerdery. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
Hey! Do you accept Peruvian Farmers in your games?
Yes, but they have to provide their own shovels.