Five Things for Friday, September 18
1. I think the Redskins will win Sunday in an atypical fashion: by actually beating their opponent by more than ten points. Their largest margin of victory in 2008? 8 points, over the Lions. They have to beat the Rams, the team that derailed their season last year thanks to a Pete Kendall fumble. Yep, when the guard fumbles, it’s a problem.
2. I listed my 5 most overrated musical acts of all time on Facebook the other day (Billy Joel, Elton John, Nirvana, Jimmy Buffett, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers) and have been thinking about underrated musical acts. Harder to come up with a list for that. I think I’d have to include Fleetwood Mac in the list – Rumours is an incredible album, and no band in history could make an album under the circumstances they did, let alone one packed with amazing music. AC/DC might be another: they never are involved in Greatest Rock Band in History discussions, but I’m not sure too many other bands truly represent rock music more than they do.
3. I really wish my fantasy football team had a decent wide receiver to pair with Greg Jennings. I think I’d win it all with another good one.
4. I think I would really love having a farmhouse with acres of land. I’d miss my bar, but I’d either convert or build a barn then turn it into an even bigger and more impressive bar. Someday, maybe. Running an animal rescue/shelter from the property would be pretty cool too. Well water would suck.
5. I am using this “5 Things” as a way to make sure I write something every weekday at a minimum. Even if it is 5 body parts I’m particularly fond of or something else random, I want to commit to writing again. It’s fun and good mental exercise, and I can pretend like someone besides my wife (hi baby! I love you!) and the Peruvian farmer (hola! como estas?!) are listening. I’ve given thought to the idea of letting people know the blog exists, but when no one read it I would feel bad. So, since only 2 people know this exists, I don’t have to feel bad if only 1 person reads it.